Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Love Between Two Quarantine Posts

You would assume that a gentleman of my age and breeding would have had his share of romantic interludes with well-bred young ladies over the years, and I admit that in the past I have been something of a lad about town - and to all the hearts of past loves that I have broken, I sincerely apologise.

You only need look to that rather frisky fellow Campanologist to understand what I was once like. He struts around like he owns the place, testosterone pumping, bucking, squeeling, basically showing off. Yes we all know you've one two Group 1's (in Germany mind you - don't mention the war) but please, if I see that fifth leg once more as I gaze out over the walk yard while eating my breakfast I'm going to "spew up" as the locals say - if he does happen to win the Cup I'm sure the locals will protest on the grounds of an unfair advantage!

But I digress.

Yes I used to be a bit of a swinger, but now I confess that I am a one woman man. My heart belongs to Becqu Adoree, the beautiful French filly staying just across the way.

I just can't get her out of my head. Those gorgeous eyes, that svelte figure, that nice round rump, how is one supposed to prepare for the Melbourne Cup with such a distraction?

But alas my love remains unrequited. Our hearts are separated by cyclone fencing and quarantine restrictions and also language - old Bauer tells me she is learning English though, so I better bone up on some French (pardon the pun). I fear that young Beccy may never know my true feelings so I'm turning to the web and my legions of followers to get the message to her.

If you see her, tell her that I think she's a damn fine filly and that I'd love to take her out for a nice meal and a bottle of burgundy after all this rotten quarantine business is over.

An Ode to Adoree
Oh Becqu Adoree how my heart adore's thee,
You've made a one woman man out of me
With your long lucious legs and you mane so fine,
If only I could make you mine
I'd love you always and every day,
I just wish that AQIS didn't stand in my way
One day I'll be free of these daft regulations,
And I promise to entertain you in various positions
So please release me from the strains of unrequited love
And tell me you want me, my sweet French turtle dove!

Hopelessly devoted,

Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment