Friday, October 22, 2010

COX PLATE DAY

Well I've only just recovered from that awful Underbelly film, my God they didn't mess about those boys did they? I tend to steer clear of those kinds of shady characters, although if a hitman did come my way I can assure you that old Blue knows how to handle himself - trained in Karate you know, blackbelt and all that.

Bauer and I were just reading the papers - AGAIN NO MENTION OF YOURS TRULY - bit of a one-sided show isn't it? That old chap Bart doesn't seem to say much but that horse of his seems to go alright evidently. Bit of a brute actually, I'd say if those Underbelly fellows owned a horse he'd fit the bill. I certainly wouldn't want to run into him in the alley next to the Gin Club in Sussex after a couple of glasses!

So old Bauer and I can only summise that this Cox Plate is named after the Moonee Ponds track - which coincidently is where that lovely Australian Dame Edna hails from is it not? I say a bit of a tight track that one, I thought they ran greyhounds round it when I first saw the map, not exactly one for a long striding gentleman like myself.

Bauer seems to think that this So You Think is near on unbeatable and I hope he's right - I simply couldn't stand another ear-bashing from that Gai woman, as nice as she is she does give the old eardrums a good going over - a bit like Shadow Cabinet actually, we've had to put him in a separate stabel, awfully uncouth for an Englishman.
The only person that seems to enjoy Gai's antics is that big Richie fellow on TVN, must be hard of hearing though as he seems to get quite up close and personal in post-race interviews.

And yes I know what you're all wanting to know, have I heard back from that little French croissant of love Becqu Adoree, the Penelope Pussycat to my Pepe le Pew. Well the short answer is no, and the long anser is God no, oh why God why? Why God must you test me like this? I'm a good christian I go to church, all I ask for is a 15 minute rendezvous with the woman of my affections, is that too much to ask God? Is it?

Ah hem, anyway, Bauer and I are about to crack open a nice bottle of burgundy from the French Riviera and spark up a couple of nice Cuban cigars (another care package from young Willy) before we settle in and watch TVN. Shocking coverage on Channel 9 you see, I have no idea what Australia's Next Best Home Renovator Masterchef is but I'm bloody well sick of seeing what they're wearing every bloody week.

Warmest Regards

Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment